curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: CURATOR-214
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 23:07:24 GMT
It is arbitrary right now (I know Mike wants to address that). +1 from me on storingStatIn().
Just make sure all possible valid combinations work.

-JZ

On August 19, 2015 at 6:05:48 PM, Cameron McKenzie (mckenzie.cam@gmail.com) wrote:

Guys,
CURATOR-214 is about exposing the new API in ZK to allow returning a Stat
when creating a new zNode.

I'm looking at the fluent interface for this and was looking for some
opinions of you guys. I was going to use the Statable interface, so the
calls would be something like:

client.create().storingStatIn(stat).forPath("/bla");

Just wondering about the ordering of the storingStatIn() call. Does it make
sense to allow storingStatIn() along with creatingParentsIfNeeded()? If so,
presumably we just return the stat of the child node.

What other ordering options should be supported? It seems fairly arbitrary
at the moment as to what ordering is allowed for different elements.
cheers