curator-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Blum <dragonsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to obtain stable leader election over unstable ZK connections
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:50:48 GMT
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought that's what ConnectionState SUSPENDED vs.
LOST was all about?

Maybe the recipes just need to be tweaked a bit?

I always assumed emphemeral nodes would be gone on LOST but not gone if you
get a SUSPENDED followed by RECONNECTED.

The one question I've always wondered is what happens to Watchers on
SUSPENDED, do they all need to be re-applied, or will they still fire later
as long as you don't get LOST?