curator-dev mailing list archives

From Dong Lei <dong...@microsoft.com>
Subject How to obtain stable leader election over unstable ZK connections
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 07:10:29 GMT
Hi curator-devs:

We use Spark in standalone mode in which Spark leverage curator to manage ZK connections and
elect leader. Our Zookeeper may be not very stable and we get "session suspended and reconnected"
sometimes. The problem is that this kind of disassociated and reconnected triggers leader
election quite often. And Spark's reaction to leadership switching can be very costly.

So I'm thinking about whether it's possible to tolerate such failure cases if we can reconnect
soon and the session is actually kept after the reconnection?
Or does such a requirement makes sense to you?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dong Lei