curator-dev mailing list archives

From "Szekeres, Zoltan" <Zoltan.Szeke...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Creating PersistentEphemeralNode when noauth leads to cycle
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:48:43 GMT
Hi Curator Dev!

We've encountered an issue when creating a PersistentEphemeralNode and the authentication
fails for the given path. We received a NOAUTH result code, which the BackgroundCallback's
processResult doesn't handle and tries to create the node again. This leads to a cycle. This
is an issue for us, because it can generate thousands of requests per minute.

We use curator 2.4.2 and zookeeper 3.4.6.

A possibly related JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/i#browse/CURATOR-228?jql=text%20~%20%22PersistentEphemeralNode%22

Do you see this as an issue?

Best Regards,
Zoltan Szekeres
Morgan Stanley | Institutional & Corporate Tech
Lechner Odon fasor 8 | Floor 05
Budapest, 1095
Phone: +36 1 881-4657
Zoltan.Szekeres@morganstanley.com<mailto:Zoltan.Szekeres@morganstanley.com>

________________________________

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained
herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section
975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies; do not disclose,
use or act upon the information; and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not
intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the
extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message
is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers
If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents
to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.