curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.8.0
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 17:20:18 GMT
I’d really appreciate the script. I can then add it to the wiki as a step in the release
process.

On May 8, 2015 at 12:19:16 PM, Mike Drob (madrob@cloudera.com) wrote:

All of the steps are currently manual. I can take some time to automate them and submit a
PR with a script in dev-tools folder.

The general process is:
1. git checkout refs/tags/apache-curator-OLD
2. mvn clean package -DskipTests
3. mv **/*.jar ../OLD

Repeat same steps for new.

Compare each jar pairwise:

for i in OLD/*; do f=`basename $i | sed -e 's/[0-9].//g' -e 's/-jar//'` ; japi-compliance-checker
OLD/${f}-OLD.jar NEW/${f}-NEW.jar; done

replacing OLD and NEW as appropriate with the version numbers. The output will be in the compat_reports
directory.

This will check for backward compatibility. To check forward compatibility (e.g. 2.7.1 ->
2.7.2), then run it with OLD and NEW reversed.

Mike