curator-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CURATOR-161
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 10:29:38 GMT
Thanks Jordan,
I've done the license stuff and that seems to have worked OK, but on
rerunning all the tests after merging in 3.0 I have found an issue with one
of the tests.

In TestLeaderSelector the testLeaderNodeDeleteOnInterrupt test is failing.
I'm not sure why it's suddenly failing now when it hasn't been previously.

It seems to be that the test code blocks the main leadership thread, then
main test code interrupts this blocked leadership thread and expects
leadership to be interrupted. The problem is that in the LeaderSelector
doWork() method, if the thread it is executing in is interrupted then in
its finally block when it goes to release the mutex, the release never
occurs because the thread is in an interrupted state. When it attempts to
do the actual delete on the ZK client it throw an InterruptedException
immediately which is silently ignored by the LeaderLatch.

Is this a known problem that hasn't been merged into the 3.0 branch?
cheers