curator-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.8.0
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 17:18:55 GMT
All of the steps are currently manual. I can take some time to automate
them and submit a PR with a script in dev-tools folder.

The general process is:
1. git checkout refs/tags/apache-curator-OLD
2. mvn clean package -DskipTests
3. mv **/*.jar ../OLD

Repeat same steps for new.

Compare each jar pairwise:

for i in OLD/*; do f=`basename $i | sed -e 's/[0-9].//g' -e 's/-jar//'` ;
japi-compliance-checker OLD/${f}-OLD.jar NEW/${f}-NEW.jar; done

replacing OLD and NEW as appropriate with the version numbers. The output
will be in the compat_reports directory.

This will check for backward compatibility. To check forward compatibility
(e.g. 2.7.1 -> 2.7.2), then run it with OLD and NEW reversed.

Mike