curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.7.0
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:55:17 GMT
How did you keep Maven from pushing the tag? I thought it happened automatically as part of
the release process.

-JZ

On October 31, 2014 at 1:11:13 AM, Scott Blum (dragonsinth@gmail.com) wrote:

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Scott Blum <dragonsinth@gmail.com> wrote:

> The commit to be voted upon:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=curator.git;a=commit;h=206a59043cb94fe51dbd878b080f68d1c0b7595e

(By the way, if you're curious why we're voting on a commit instead of a
tag, it's because git tags are effectively immutable, because even if you
forcibly move a server tag, clients who already have the tag will never
move it. We shouldn't push release tags until after we vote and release,
just in case the vote fails or something. We'd have no way to move the tag
to a new commit to try again.)