curator-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper 3.5.0 is coming
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:03:40 GMT
Has anyone had any further thoughts about ZK 3.5 and dynamic cluster
reconfiguration?

I had a look into the EnsembleProvider interface, but I don't think that it
will work because it is used to create the connection to ZooKeeper, and
from my (limited) understanding of the way that cluster configuration works
in ZK 3.5, you need a connection to ZK before you can work out all of the
nodes in the cluster. So, there is a bit of a chicken and egg problem.

cheers
Cam

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com