curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Fw: [ NOTICE ] Upcoming change to committer email services
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:33:48 GMT
FYI - this is a must read for committers.

-Jordan

On September 25, 2014 at 6:08:27 PM, Tony Stevenson (pctony@apache.org) wrote:

The Infrastructure team have just published a new blog post in which we talk about an upcoming
change to how we will handle email from committers. This will affect anyone who sends email
from their apache.org email address - if this is you you should read this blog post and implement
the changes it talks about.

In short, we have a new service which we will require anyone who sends email from any apache.org
email address. Historically this has not been enforced, but going forward it will be. This
is to try and improve the overall mail service.

The blog post can be found here. [1]

The new service is available immediately. The incumbent service will be disabled at 13:00
UTC on Friday 10th October. It is important you read and understand the changes in plenty
of time.

If you have any questions please address them to the infrastructure@ list (Reply-To set to
this already). If you have any technical issues with the service, please open a JIRA issue
at [2] in the INFRA queue.

[1] - https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/committers_mail_relay_service
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/

p.s. And, yes, this email was sent using this service. :)

Cheers,
Tony

On behalf of the Apache Infrastructure Team

Tony Stevenson

pctony@apache.org

http://www.pc-tony.com

GPG - 1024D/51047D66