curator-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject JIRA in Commit Message
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 23:53:46 GMT
On the discussion for https://github.com/apache/curator/pull/41 Jordan made
a very interesting comment:

> If the branch is named the same as the Jira it's not necessary to put the
Jira in the commit.

This makes me think that there is some git-fu that I am missing out on,
because I'm not sure how to always do this.

As a case study, let's say that I'm trying to figure out what issue commit
462121f is associated with. I know that I can go to github, and search for
that text, filter to issues and I see CURATOR-33 come up (personally I
think this is a lot of steps, but it works so I don't mind), but if I'm
working on a train or plane with bad signal then I'm not sure how to deduce
this out using my local repository.

If somebody has already figured it out, what is your workflow? Or does this
not come up often for other folks to care?

Thanks,
Mike