curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: FYI - changing 2.6.1 to 2.7.0
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 21:53:13 GMT
I’m not a fan of cherry picking, etc. I’ve seen too many mistakes made. Officially, Curator
follows Github Flow: http://scottchacon.com/2011/08/31/github-flow.html - which boils down
to have a master and lots of other branches. So, maybe even having a 2.7.0 branch would be
a mistake. Features ready to be released are in master and everything else is just waiting
in its branch.

-Jordan

From: Mike Drob <madrob@cloudera.com>
Reply: dev@curator.apache.org <dev@curator.apache.org>>
Date: July 28, 2014 at 4:49:56 PM
To: dev@curator.apache.org <dev@curator.apache.org>>
Cc: Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie.cam@gmail.com>>
Subject:  Re: FYI - changing 2.6.1 to 2.7.0

might make more sense to create a 2.6.1 branch from the 2.6.0 release tag
and cherry pick all of the relevant commits in. leave master as pointing to
2.7.0. if you have both branches active at once then commit to master and
continue to cherry-pick as appropriate. or commit to the branch and merge
to master, that one is probably easier for committers but harder for
contributors so i'd advise against it. then, when you release 2.6.1, just
kill the branch, and if you decide to do a 2.6.2 then create a new one at
that point.