curator-dev mailing list archives

From Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camar...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.3.0
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 18:39:39 GMT
Hi there,

I attach a patch to TestPersistentEphemeralNode that adds to tests that are showing 2 problems
with ConnectionStateListeners mixed with PersistentEphemeralNodes.
- First problem is that first state obtained for listeners is LOST instead of CONNECTED
- Second problem is that RECONNECTED state is extremely low.

I made one test for each issue.

Let me know if you prefer a new JIRA for this or if we can reopen CURATOR-53 or CURATOR-59

Thanks in advance and congrats for Curator 2.3.0. It has great fixes.

Evaristo

________________________________
 De: Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
Para: dev@curator.apache.org; Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es>
Enviado: Sábado 9 de noviembre de 2013 5:42
Asunto: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.3.0

I tested both enclosed tests attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-53
and they both work with 2.3.0.  NOTE: for FailurePenStart2 I had to uncomment node.start();

-Jordan

On Nov 5, 2013, at 9:58 AM, Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> In previous releases I found problems with PersistentEphemeralNodes themselves or with
ConnectionStateListener when used on a CuratorFramework related with a PersistentEphemeralNode.

> I reported the problems in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-53
> and from there another JIRA was issued by Jordan: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-59
>
> I tested the release with my app and I found some issues with listeners and PersistentEpehemarlNodes
>
> I attach one example that shows that listener in CF related with PersistentEphemeralNode
is extremely slow compared with a CF non related with a PersistentEphemeralNode

> I see 2 issues here:
> - The client with PEN shows a LOST and the other client does not show it
> - The RECONNECT for the client with PEN is extremely slow
>

> This is the output of my program in my case:
> 2013/11/05 18:43:18  Client with PEN new stateLOST
> 2013/11/05 18:43:19  Client with PEN new stateCONNECTED
> 2013/11/05 18:43:19  Client without PEN new stateCONNECTED
> Closing server
> 2013/11/05 18:43:19  Client without PEN new stateSUSPENDED
> 2013/11/05 18:43:19  Client with PEN new stateSUSPENDED
> 2013/11/05 18:43:23  Client with PEN new stateLOST
> 2013/11/05 18:43:23  Client without PEN new stateLOST
> Starting server again
> 2013/11/05 18:43:25  Client without PEN new stateRECONNECTED
> 2013/11/05 18:43:48  Client with PEN new stateRECONNECTED
>

> My app shows also the same problems.
>

> The rest of functionalities I have tested (LeaderSelector, Caches, Curator Framework
looks OK for me). I have test with my own app and I did not find any issue.