curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator version 2.3.1
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 20:55:20 GMT
As I mentioned in the other thread, please test branch CURATOR-72 with my latest push and let
me know how it performs.

-JZ

On Nov 12, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Evaristo José Camarero <evaristo.camarero@yahoo.es> wrote:

> My only explanation is related with CURATOR-52 patch, and the fact that now there is
more options that ConnectionLostException could fire a ConnectionLostEvent.

> On the other hand, I think there is a potential race condition between ConnectionLostExceptions
triggered by background operations and the ZK Watcher.Event.KeeperState.SyncConnected that
could fire a  sequence like this:

> - RECONNECTED
> - LOST
>
> even when the Zk client is really SyncConnected
>

> If this sequence happens the app will take the actions needed when the connection is
LOST even when is CONNECTED

> ________________________________

in the same second) and this is messing up the app. My first test with 2.3.0 was succesfull
and I tought that the issue was with 2.3.1.

> The tests works fine with 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 (consistenly)
>
> The change is between 2.2.0 and 2.3.0. Any clue? I am using Curator Framework, Leader
Selector, PathChildrenCache and NodeCache

> Thanks,
>
> Evaristo

2.3.0 (and I have removed all the PresistenEphemeralNodes because I was not able to make them
interact properly with the ConnectionStateListeners in any previous release with my own app)

>> I have very strange ordering of the connection events:
>> - I have sequences in which after RECONNECTED event (when ZK servers are coming back),
an unexpected LOST event appears