curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: EnsurePath constructor
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 19:43:47 GMT
I see - yeah that is pretty ugly. That's some of the oldest code in Curator as well. Since
that class was created, I actually prefer creatingParentsIfNeeded() to EnsurePath. creatingParentsIfNeeded()
only executes when ZK throws NoNodeException. I wonder if EnsurePath should be deprecated.

-JZ

On Sep 16, 2013, at 2:37 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Sorry, didn't mean constructor but the ensure() call. With the construction through newNamspaceAwareEnsurePath
(which could probably stand to be documented better, as the EnsurePath doc page mentions the
existance of a method and links to the CuratorFramework docs which have no mention of it whatsoever),
it does seem strange to have to provide a CuratorZookeeperClient considering you're creating
it through the CuratorFramework. I just wonder if there should be an extension/wrapper in
curator-framework or higher that is more code friendly.

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:
> 1. It's in the curator-client project, not curator-framework (i.e. it's low level)
> 2. Because of namespaces, users should call CuratorFramework.newNamespaceAwareEnsurePath()
instead of directly allocating an EnsurePath object.