curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Curator Resolution
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:03:26 GMT
My memory is fuzzy on this, hopefully someone else will chime in, but
I seem to remember

1) don't make the scope too narrow, give yourself room for the project to expand

2) don't define the scope as a deliverable, rather as a goal.

For example this is what ZK had when it went TLP:

"open-source software related to distributed system coordination."

Not sure if this is helpful or actionable but something to consider.

Patrick

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> Apache ZooKeeper is ZooKeeper not Zookeeper.
>
> I seem to remember that "${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE}" had to be something
> very specific wrt wording. I can't remember off the top of my head
> though. does anyone remember? Perhaps it's fine as-is?
>
> Patrick
>
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
> <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Now that the graduation vote has succeeded, we need to vote on the "resolution".
Every project needs a resolution, which will first be confirmed by the IPMC and finally approved
by the ASF board. But first, we need to to create it. Below you will find a draft resolution.
I've taken the liberty of making myself the Vice President. Please discuss if you disagree
with that.

>> If you need more information on Apache Resolutions, I refer you to this page: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution
>>
>> Please read the resolution carefully and let's discuss. I'll leave this discussion
open for at least 72 hours and then we can take it to a vote.