curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:51:42 GMT
On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> So, Ioannis has done a successful release. In order to change Luciano's -1
> to a 1 we need to get a committer proposed from someone other than me. That
> could take a long time. Either I close the vote now and take it to @general
> (with Luciano's -1 and Ennis's +0) or I cancel the vote and we wait. I'll
> remind this list that we just sat through another 6+ day release which
> could have been done in 1/2 that time if we were TLP. For me, I don't see
> any value in staying in Incubator. I'd like to take the vote to @general
> but I'm concerned about our success given the +0 and -1 from two mentors.
>
> I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts.
>
> -JZ

To me, one of the things about "The Apache Way" is that we value community
over code. When I requested someone other then Jordan to do a release and
follow the committer process I wanted to make sure that others on the
community were familiar and able to get releases out and build the
community around the Apache Curator code.

Also, I'm not sure why you have concerns with the time it might take to get
a new committer onboard to the project, as I see a lot of interest from the
community to the Apache Curator project, so it might be a matter of
mentoring and nurturing existing contributors to become committers.

As for submitting this to @general, please feel free to do what you think
it's better for you and for the project.

Regards

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende