curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Curator Resolution
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:54:37 GMT
I think you are using the old template, see some updates inline :

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Now that the graduation vote has succeeded, we need to vote on the
> "resolution". Every project needs a resolution, which will first be
> confirmed by the IPMC and finally approved by the ASF board. But first, we
> need to to create it. Below you will find a draft resolution. I've taken
> the liberty of making myself the Vice President. Please discuss if you
> disagree with that.
>
> If you need more information on Apache Resolutions, I refer you to this
> page: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution
>
> Please read the resolution carefully and let's discuss. I'll leave this
> discussion open for at least 72 hours and then we can take it to a vote.
>

> X. Establish Apache Curator Project
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>        interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>        purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>        the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
>        a library and tools for working with Apache Zookeeper, for
>        distribution at no charge to the public.

Should be :

       open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
       public, related to a library and tools for working with Apache ZooKeeper.

>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache Curator Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further

I think it's just "Apache Curator Project"

>        RESOLVED, that The Apache Curator Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>        components which serve as a library and tools for working with
> Apache
>        Zookeeper; and be it further

then it becomes "the Apache Curator Project"
s/Zookeeper/ZooKeeper/g

>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Curator" be and
>        hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
>        direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
>        Curator Project, and to have primary responsibility for
>        management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
>        The Apache Curator Project; and be it further

"Vice President, Apache Curator"
then it becomes "the Apache Curator Project" in the two places above

>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
>        Apache Curator Project:

then it becomes "the Apache Curator Project"

>          * Jordan Zimmerman (randgalt)
>          * Jay Zarfoss (zarfide)
>          * Eric Tschetter (cheddar)
>          * Ioannis Canellos (iocanel)
>          * Patrick Hunt (phunt)
>          * Mahadev Konar (mahadev)
>          * Luciano Resende (lresende)
>          * Enis Söztutar (enis)
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Jordan Zimmerman
>        be and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice
>        President, Curator, to serve in accordance with and subject to
>        the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>        Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>        disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
>        further

This should be:

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Jordan Zimmerman
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Curator, to
serve in accordance with and subject to
       the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
       Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
       disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
       further

>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Curator Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator Curator podling; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Curator Project be and hereby is
      tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
      Incubator Curator podling; and be it further

>        RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator Curator podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>        PMC are hereafter discharged.

         Incubator Curator podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
         Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende