curator-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Curator Resolution
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 07:26:25 GMT
This seems good enough for me.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> That occurred to me, too. It's why I wrote it this way "library and tools for working
with Apache ZooKeeper" - i.e. not mentioning "client" or "Java". But, maybe it can be more
general?

> -Jordan
>
> On Aug 23, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> My memory is fuzzy on this, hopefully someone else will chime in, but
>> I seem to remember
>>
>> 1) don't make the scope too narrow, give yourself room for the project to expand
>>
>> 2) don't define the scope as a deliverable, rather as a goal.
>>
>> For example this is what ZK had when it went TLP:
>>
>> "open-source software related to distributed system coordination."
>>
>> Not sure if this is helpful or actionable but something to consider.
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Apache ZooKeeper is ZooKeeper not Zookeeper.
>>>
>>> I seem to remember that "${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE}" had to be something
>>> very specific wrt wording. I can't remember off the top of my head
>>> though. does anyone remember? Perhaps it's fine as-is?
>>>
>>> Patrick

Every project needs a resolution, which will first be confirmed by the IPMC and finally approved
by the ASF board. But first, we need to to create it. Below you will find a draft resolution.
I've taken the liberty of making myself the Vice President. Please discuss if you disagree
with that.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

open for at least 72 hours and then we can take it to a vote.

--
Ioannis Canellos

Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
Twitter: iocanel