curator-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jordan Zimmerman <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 22:01:38 GMT
So, Ioannis has done a successful release. In order to change Luciano's -1 to a 1 we need to
get a committer proposed from someone other than me. That could take a long time. Either I
close the vote now and take it to @general (with Luciano's -1 and Ennis's +0) or I cancel
the vote and we wait. I'll remind this list that we just sat through another 6+ day release
which could have been done in 1/2 that time if we were TLP. For me, I don't see any value
in staying in Incubator. I'd like to take the vote to @general but I'm concerned about our
success given the +0 and -1 from two mentors. 

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts.


On Jul 25, 2013, at 11:55 AM, Luciano Resende <> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <
>> wrote:
>> Thanks for everyone's thoughtful responses on this. In retrospect, my
>> initial reply was over the top and I apologize for that. It sounds like we
>> have some agreement here. I'll cancel the current graduation vote, Ioannis
>> will handle the next release, and then I'll submit a new vote.
>> -Jordan
> I think you can leave this vote open, and once the release is done and a
> new committer is added from a different committer I can just turn my vote
> to a +1...
> Thoughts ?
> -- 
> Luciano Resende

View raw message