curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Curator Resolution
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:53:42 GMT
Hello,

Now that the graduation vote has succeeded, we need to vote on the "resolution". Every project
needs a resolution, which will first be confirmed by the IPMC and finally approved by the
ASF board. But first, we need to to create it. Below you will find a draft resolution. I've
taken the liberty of making myself the Vice President. Please discuss if you disagree with
that.

If you need more information on Apache Resolutions, I refer you to this page: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

Please read the resolution carefully and let's discuss. I'll leave this discussion open for
at least 72 hours and then we can take it to a vote.

X. Establish Apache Curator Project

       interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
       purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
       the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
       a library and tools for working with Apache Zookeeper, for
       distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "The Apache Curator Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that The Apache Curator Project be and hereby is
       components which serve as a library and tools for working with Apache
       Zookeeper; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Curator" be and
       hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
       direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of The Apache
       Curator Project, and to have primary responsibility for
       management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
       The Apache Curator Project; and be it further

       hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of The
       Apache Curator Project:

         * Jordan Zimmerman (randgalt)
         * Jay Zarfoss (zarfide)
         * Eric Tschetter (cheddar)
         * Ioannis Canellos (iocanel)
         * Patrick Hunt (phunt)
         * Mahadev Konar (mahadev)
         * Luciano Resende (lresende)
         * Enis Söztutar (enis)

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Jordan Zimmerman
       be and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice
       President, Curator, to serve in accordance with and subject to
       the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
       Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
       disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
       further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Curator Project be and hereby
       Incubator Curator podling; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
       Incubator Curator podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       PMC are hereafter discharged.