curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Curator Resolution
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 22:06:10 GMT
That occurred to me, too. It's why I wrote it this way "library and tools for working with
Apache ZooKeeper" - i.e. not mentioning "client" or "Java". But, maybe it can be more general?

-Jordan

On Aug 23, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> My memory is fuzzy on this, hopefully someone else will chime in, but
> I seem to remember
>
> 1) don't make the scope too narrow, give yourself room for the project to expand
>
> 2) don't define the scope as a deliverable, rather as a goal.
>
> For example this is what ZK had when it went TLP:
>
> "open-source software related to distributed system coordination."
>
> Not sure if this is helpful or actionable but something to consider.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>> Apache ZooKeeper is ZooKeeper not Zookeeper.
>>
>> I seem to remember that "${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE}" had to be something
>> very specific wrt wording. I can't remember off the top of my head
>> though. does anyone remember? Perhaps it's fine as-is?
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
>> <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Now that the graduation vote has succeeded, we need to vote on the "resolution".
Every project needs a resolution, which will first be confirmed by the IPMC and finally approved
by the ASF board. But first, we need to to create it. Below you will find a draft resolution.
I've taken the liberty of making myself the Vice President. Please discuss if you disagree
with that.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

>>> Please read the resolution carefully and let's discuss. I'll leave this discussion
open for at least 72 hours and then we can take it to a vote.