curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:24:01 GMT
I understand - I'll add it. It's just that the arbitrariness of Apache drives me crazy. People
don't want to get involved with Apache precisely because of its being so pedantic and bureaucratic.
This is a perfect example. The list of project members belongs in the pom. A pointer to the
result of that pom is the most reasonable thing to do. As all programmers know, data should
live in one location only. Because of this arbitrary rule, this data now has to be maintained
in two places. It's dumb. This particular example is small but there are countless similar
rules in Apache.