curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:37:58 GMT
I'll re-iterate my +1. I don't see anything here that changes my mind.
Incubation is to "Ensure all donations are in accordance with the ASF
legal standards" and "Develop new communities that adhere to our
guiding principles" both of these have been met. There are more than 3
independent committers (4 actually), which is more than enough. A
number of releases have been created and they demonstrate the
community understands Apache. "X more months" as a podling is not
necessary, community can continue to be built as a TLP.

I see ten organizations listed on the poweredby page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CURATOR/Powered+By The
likelyhood of abandonment seems low. And even if the project is
abandoned it's not a big deal. We have a process for that (attic). It
happens.

Patrick