curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:49:21 GMT
I personally think TLP is the way to go. The two communities should
work closely together though. Cross post announces and attend each
other's meetups, etc...

Patrick

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
> TLP or sub project?
>
> When I first proposed putting Curator in Apache, my thought was that it should become
part of ZooKeeper. I've now mostly changed my mind and think that Curator should become a
TLP. Ideally, the ZooKeeper project would suggest that Java users use Curator as the primary
client, but that's a separate matter.

> I'd appreciate others' thoughts on this.
>
> -Jordan
>
> On Jul 5, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the answer there is a qualified yes. There's enough of an active user base
(and those who know the code) that it would