curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:11:29 GMT
I just noticed, can someone fix the status page, it's missing some detail:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/curator.html
compare "project info" with this:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/s4.html probably got dropped
accidentally.

I mentioned on other threads that I'd like to see the diversity
increase. There's really not rush to leave incubation for TLP. I'd
suggest erring on the side of caution, esp given the short time
Curator has been in incubation so far. (4 months)

Keep in mind these are the minimums:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Graduation+Requirements

In particular "The project is not highly dependent on any single
contributor (there are at least 3 legally independent committers and
there is no single company or entity that is vital to the success of
the project)"

I can't easily tell if that bar is yet met. (that's why I went to the
status page, also there is no "credits" or "team" page on the curator
web site that details who's active on the project and their
affiliation, e.g. http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/team-list.html --
perhaps you could add one in addition to fixing the status page?)

Patrick

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Jordan Zimmerman
<jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>> >Ensure Mentors and IPMC have no remaining issues
>> Mentors, please let us know if you have any remaining issues.
> I haven't heard anything. So, assuming there are no issues, are we ready to proceed towards
graduation?

> -JZ
>
> On Jul 14, 2013, at 10:15 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
>> Items from the Graduation Check List:
>>
>> >Complete (and sign off) tasks documented in the status file
>> Done
>>
>> >Ensure suitable names for project name and product names
>> Done
>>
>> >Demonstrate ability to create Apache releases
>> Done (we've had several successful releases)
>>
>> >Demonstrate community readiness
>> The community feels strong to me. Further, we now have a diverse committers list
that, I believe, allows Curator to continue even if I get hit by a bus.

>> >Ensure Mentors and IPMC have no remaining issues
>> Mentors, please let us know if you have any remaining issues.
>>
>> -Jordan
>>
>> On Jul 4, 2013, at 6:32 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to start discussing steps for Curator to graduate. IMO, we are very
close.

>>> * All steps on the Incubation Status page (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/curator.html)
are complete.
>>> * We've had several successful releases
>>> * We've added a new committer
>>>
>>> Before we actually consider graduation, I think we need one more active committer.
But, then, maybe n