curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 20:54:40 GMT
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> Ill fix the status.
>
> Starting in Aug. our diversity will be really good. 4 committers from 4
> different companies. I'm satisfied with that. Curator isn't a big project.
> I don't think we need more than 4 or 5 committers.

-1 for the thought that Curator does not need more than 4 or 5 committers.
The more diversity you have in a project, the better. You can start seeing
others expanding the scope of the project and fostering more collaboration
with other Apache Projects as Ioannis suggested in the next e-mail on this
thread.  Also, just because you reach the "4 or 5 committers", if new
contributors really come and shy helping the project, they should be
considered for becoming committers, this is what we call Meritocracy.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende