curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:42:10 GMT
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> I understand - I'll add it. It's just that the arbitrariness of Apache
> drives me crazy. People don't want to get involved with Apache precisely
> because of its being so pedantic and bureaucratic. This is a perfect
> example. The list of project members belongs in the pom. A pointer to the
> result of that pom is the most reasonable thing to do. As all programmers
> know, data should live in one location only. Because of this arbitrary
> rule, this data now has to be maintained in two places. It's dumb. This
> particular example is small but there are countless similar rules in Apache.

The thing is that, the project status page will reflect the podling status
during incubation. If you point to the website, then in a month or two
after graduation, the data will be changed as the TLP continues to grow.

As for the rules, come on, it's a very, very, very small price to pay, and
when you get used to it, they just happen automatically. And, also, most of
them are there for a reason that with time here you will start to get more
familiar with.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende