curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:38:43 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> I agree with Eric here. The pace in Incubator is stifling. It was my
> understanding that the Incubator's purpose was to establish community and
> have a project learn the Apache Way. Curator already had a thriving
> community before it came into the Incubator. What is was lacking was
> diverse committers. Over four months we've demonstrated that we can attract
> new committers. I fully expect that more committers will come on when (if)
> Curator is a TLP.
>
> -JZ

I think the main issue for the project is that the mentors want to make
sure the new committers can move the project on in case you or some other
committer is not available. If we can demonstrate a release done by someone
other committer, and also a process of proposing and adding a new committer
from someone other then you, this project will have my +1 for graduation.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende