curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:43:17 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> While Apache considers a release to be source code, the rest of the world
> considers a release to be JAR files on Maven Central. Unless I'm mistaken,
> releasing the binaries before a vote completes would not be an acceptable
> thing to do.
>
> -JZ

Although some documentation says that Apache considers a release to be
source code, most of the java projects I have worked with considers a
release to be both source and artifact binaries. And you are correct about
release timing, no release artifact should be released before the vote
completes. Having said that, I have worked in projects that I needed a
release every two days, and I was updating my development (pre-production)
environment with manual (internal) releases, and would wait for the full
release when I needed to go to production.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende