curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Curator from Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:36:41 GMT
Thanks for everyone's thoughtful responses on this. In retrospect, my initial reply was over
the top and I apologize for that. It sounds like we have some agreement here. I'll cancel
the current graduation vote, Ioannis will handle the next release, and then I'll submit a
new vote.

-Jordan

On Jul 25, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Ioannis Canellos <iocanel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even though, I agree that 5 active committers is a sensible number of committers before
graduation, I've seen projects being successful TLPs with less. I also don't feel that that
multiple release managers are required (they are really nice to have though).

> I understand the discomfort of some of the mentors, so I'll volunteer to manage the next
release.

> On the other hand I see nothing wrong with a project staying in the incubator longer.
It only costs 72 hours per release and nothing more.