curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:42:37 GMT
Ill fix the status.

Starting in Aug. our diversity will be really good. 4 committers from 4 different companies.
I'm satisfied with that. Curator isn't a big project. I don't think we need more than 4 or
5 committers.

====================
Jordan Zimmerman

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> I just noticed, can someone fix the status page, it's missing some detail:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/curator.html
> compare "project info" with this:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/s4.html probably got dropped
> accidentally.
>
> I mentioned on other threads that I'd like to see the diversity
> increase. There's really not rush to leave incubation for TLP. I'd
> suggest erring on the side of caution, esp given the short time
> Curator has been in incubation so far. (4 months)
>
> Keep in mind these are the minimums:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Graduation+Requirements
>
> In particular "The project is not highly dependent on any single
> contributor (there are at least 3 legally independent committers and
> there is no single company or entity that is vital to the success of
> the project)"
>
> I can't easily tell if that bar is yet met. (that's why I went to the
> status page, also there is no "credits" or "team" page on the curator
> web site that details who's active on the project and their
> affiliation, e.g. http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/team-list.html --
> perhaps you could add one in addition to fixing the status page?)
>
> Patrick

>>> Mentors, please let us know if you have any remaining issues.
>> I haven't heard anything. So, assuming there are no issues, are we ready to proceed
towards graduation?

>> -JZ
>>
>> On Jul 14, 2013, at 10:15 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com>
wrote:

>>> Items from the Graduation Check List:

>>> Done

>>> Done

>>> Done (we've had several successful releases)

>>> The community feels strong to me. Further, we now have a diverse committers list
that, I believe, allows Curator to continue even if I get hit by a bus.

>>> Mentors, please let us know if you have any remaining issues.
>>>
>>> -Jordan

are complete.

But, then, maybe n