curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frustration - where are Curator's mentors?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 01:53:56 GMT
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> On June 20th I sent a release vote email. I have not had a response from a
> single mentor in spite of numerous requests on this list and via personal
> email. Please remember that there is an active Curator community that is
> using it in Production and is waiting on releases. I'm afraid if I don't
> get any votes soon I will need to cancel this release. At minimum, I would
> expect at least an acknowledgment that you received the vote email.
>
> -Jordan

Where there any user requesting this release due to blocking issue on their
production environment ? I have searched the mailing list/jiras and could
not find any specific requests.

Also, just FYI, when you get release votes that have 3+1, but not 3+1 from
Mentors or other IPMC votes, you can always request a vote at general@ and
ask other IPMC members to vote on the release.

As for canceling the vote, I don't see any reason to do so, even if the
release vote/thread was open for over couple weeks. Having open votes for a
large period of time does not invalidate the vote.

Anyway, I'm back online and finishing reviewing the release and should vote
in the next hour or so.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende