curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira Issues
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:50:30 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <
jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2013, at 9:11 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I see that there are few open patches, that are waiting for more
> then
> > a week without any feedback. While we are trying to grow the community,
> > it's highly recommended that you have a quick turnaround on patches, etc
> > take advantage of the momentum with the particular contributor…
>
> At minimum, I want to get the auto-apply patch service going. I'll try to
> do that soon.
>
> -JZ

What the auto-apply patch will provide ? Does this just build a patch on
top-of-trunk without applying ?

Ideally, a contributor would provide partial patches, even when it's not
compiling, so the feeedback turnaround is quick... and the design direction
in use is agreed by the community.... in this case, I'm not sure how
auto-apply would help.

IMO, I'd handle the current patches manually without any delays, and use
enhanced infrastructure when that is available....

Anyway, just my 0.2c...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende