curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release vote process
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 20:48:36 GMT
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Jordan. Take a look at the whirr how to release page, it's got the
> process and general templates spelled out (so anyone could act as RM,
> but it helps wrt documenting the process as well):
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27833322
>
> The only thing is that whirr used to send to both dev and general at
> the same time, you shouldn't do that. Follow Luciano's item 1).
>
> Luciano do you have another pointer to a template that's would be
> better? Or will this whirr example work for you?
>
> Patrick

The vote template is good for the dev list vote. For the general vote
thread, you have to provide a link to the dev list vote thread.

In general, when I doubt, I just search the archives for a successful
thing on the subject (e.g. look to a vote that has passed on the
general archives, etc)

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende