curator-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] A recursive PathChildrenCache.
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 08:07:01 GMT
We migrated to curator from linkedin-zookeeper. We used to make use of
the ZooKeeperTreeTracker[1] to cache a part of my tree which is accessed
very often.

That part of the tree is approx. 100 to 200 nodes and its holding
configuration information about distributed containers. I want to receive
notifications for any change that happens to the config.
Each time we receive a notification we reread a portion of that that tree.
We also have a web ui that allows the user to modify that configuration. So
we are talking about a small part of the tree that is read really often.

So based on the source of the PathChildrenCache we came up with something
that looks like [2] (still working on it) and I was wondering if it makes
to bring some of the ideas there to curator (either as part of
PathChildrenCache or as part of a different recipe).

[1]
http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/view/org/linkedin/org.linkedin.zookeeper-impl/1.2.1/org.linkedin.zookeeper-impl-1.2.1-javadoc.jar!/org/linkedin/zookeeper/tracker/ZooKeeperTreeTracker.html
[2]
https://github.com/jboss-fuse/fuse/blob/master/fabric/fabric-zookeeper/src/main/java/org/apache/curator/framework/recipes/cache/TreeCache.java