curator-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: No votes on @general?
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 19:04:58 GMT
It is a long time to wait.

But consider this, the Curator project is a podling and so it's under probation.  Hence the
second 72 hour vote.  Once this podling graduates the second vote/review will no longer be
needed.

Why 72 hours?  The ASF is a volunteer organization whose membership spans the globe.  To be
respectful of other members' time we allow 72 hours so that thoughtful reviews can take place.

Regards,
Alan

On May 8, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:

> FWIW - Apache needs to consider being more agile. Waiting two 72 hour periods is a LONG
time these days for a release.

> -JZ
>
> On May 8, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Chip Childers <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 11:04:18AM -0700, Jordan Zimmerman wrote:
>>> There have been no votes on the Curator release on @general and no comments.
Is that normal? Can we move to release with just our group's votes? I'd hope to close voting
tomorrow (72 hours).