curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Curator 2.0.0-incubating
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:39:10 GMT
Hi Jordan, looking much better. I started to look through the
artifact, my comments so far:

1) provide a "KEYS" file, similar to this:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/whirr/dist/KEYS
see: http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#keys-policy

2) remove the DEPENDENCIES file

3) add a toplevel README detailing what the project is and how to
build it (etc...)

4) is is possible to remove the disclaimer/license/notice file from
the sub directories? Better to just have a toplevel one. (can't maven
just pick it up from the parent?)

5) add license headers to the .confluence files. (otw RAT looked clean)

6) be sure you are tagging the release and generating the source
artifact from that release. Folks often include the link to the tag
(in source control) in their vote email.

7) You'll want to stage the maven files in repository.apache.org and
include the link for that in your vote email.

(whirr has a pretty good template imo for the vote email)

otw it looks good to me.

Patrick