curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Curator 2.0.0-incubating
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:10:59 GMT
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <randgalt@apache.org>wrote:

> But, that's on the general list, right? This part is confusing to me. Do I
> need to get a vote from the Curator PPMC first? I'm on the PPMC for Curator
> as I understand it.
>
> -JZ

One of the reasons that we recommend three mentors for a podling, is that
you would then have 3 binding votes for releases, etc... so the vote in the
dev list is actually to get the mentor votes, and the general vote is
mostly used in case where you didn't have a chance to get the mentor votes
and need more IPMC members to review the release. In case where you already
have the 3 IPMC votes, then the general list vote is mostly a lazy
consensus vote and can be closed within 72 hours.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende