curator-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.0.0-incubating
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 23:57:30 GMT
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <randgalt@apache.org>wrote:

> Also, I would call things more like RC1, RC2, etc, so we can see and/or
> check changes between RCs

Jordan did you look at that example "how to release" page I pointed
you at? The one for Ambari? It incorporates a number of best practices
(like handling multple rcs)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Releasing+Ambari.

I'd suggest that you first work out your release process (document it)
then attempt to create a release. Read the incubator release page in
depth : http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

There's no need to try and pump out a release w/o understanding the
basics. Speed is not the goal at Apache.

Patrick