curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Curator 2.0.0-incubating
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:10:55 GMT
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <randgalt@apache.org>wrote:

> This isn't how I see other Apache projects. I just downloaded the
> ZooKeeper source and the packaging is just ZooKeeper.
>
> For Curator, the group Id is apache and the project in the pom is Apache
> Curator. That should be enough, right?
>
> -JZ
>
> On Mar 29, 2013, at 4:42 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > - the project is not curator, it's Apache Curator, so we usually prefix
> > apache on the distro

I particularly don't think that Zookeeper packaging structure is one of the
best, but if you want to follow that particularly due to proximity of the
two projects, I'm ok with it. But note that they do produce a lib with the
binaries and dependencies.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende