curator-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about releasing...
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:18:25 GMT
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Jordan Zimmerman <randgalt@apache.org> wrote:
> A few questions about releasing for the mentors…
>
> * If I understand it correctly, I need to put a vote out before I release Curator, correct?
This vote is IPMC, which means us, right? I keep getting confused on these acronyms.

For podling release purposes, only IPMC (Incubator PMC) votes are
binding. If we can get 3 +1 from IPMC members on the dev list, then we
can do lazy consensus on the vote thread on general@. Otherwise, we
need to use the vote on the general@ to get the remaining votes for
the release.

> * Is a release required to come out of Jenkins or can it be from a local machine?

It can come from local machine, which, AFAIK, is the standard way of
doing so. Note that first release most likely will take a bit of
time... and various RCs, so don't be frustrated if that happens.

> * Is there anything special I need to do to get the binaries to Maven central or is having
the parent pom be Apache enough?

The release maven artifacts will be staged in the
repository.apache.org (you might need to request INFRA to create a
profile for curator), and once the release is approved, you can
publish it in repository.apache.org and that will make it trough maven
central.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende