curator-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Website SVN repo created
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:58:12 GMT
OK - I'll do this once all the pieces are in place and the first release is out.

-JZ

On Mar 22, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd also encourage you to start thinking about getting some publicity
> for Apache Curator. For example an Apache blog post or somesuch.
>
> Review the branding guidelines if you haven't already:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html it lists what you
> can/cannot do while in the incubator. (more restrictive than the tlp
> guidelines)
>
> Patrick
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
>> Congrats, nice job!
>>
>> You might want to start on a naming review, not critical to start
>> right now, but it's good to get out of the way (and only gets harder
>> in the event it has to change later):
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html
>>
>> Notice the "tracker" (i.e. jira), listed here (take a look at some
>> previous examples)
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html#search
>>
>> Patrick
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <randgalt@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Wow - svnpub may be on automatically or something. The site is live:
>>>
>>> http://curator.incubator.apache.org/
>>>
>>> -Jordan

read this paragraph twice and still don't follow:

the directory/www/incubator.apache.org/content/podlingname on people.apache.org. The particular
SVN module used to store the website is a matter for the podling but it should be in SVN.

the SVN publishing requirement that the infrastructure team has laid out. If that is done,
then we just run "svn update" in that directory to load the site from SVN.

file, to describe the SVN module and the directory which holds the published site.