ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Jessica Glover <glover.jessic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data size of UMLS 2011ab and 2016aa
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 18:28:16 GMT
Hi S.H.,

cTAKES does not query the UMLS online version. The cTAKES dictionary is
built from a subset of the UMLS Metathesaurus. There are two tools in the
cTAKES sandbox, dictionary-gui and dictionarytool that you can use to build
a dictionary from the subset of the UMLS Metathesaurus that you installed.
(they use the META files, though - not the MySQL database)
The tools allow you to choose what TUIs, vocabularies, etc. to include in
your dictionary. These choices affect the dictionary's size.

I hope that helps,
Jessica