ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Gianfrancesco, Milena" <Milena.Gianfrance...@ucsf.edu>
Subject Trouble loading AE
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 21:32:18 GMT
Hello,

I have just installed cTakes and followed instructions in the 3.2 User Install Guide. However,
I am unable to load an AE. I have a UMLS user name and password, and have updated the appropriate
scripts as outlined in the User Guide, yet I get this error when trying to load any AE (even
the non-UMLS ones):

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/ctakes/dependency/parser/ae/ClearNLPDependencyParserAE
: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)

              …… + more

 I have double checked that I have the latest Java software. Any idea what could be causing
this error?

Thank you!

Milena