ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Savova, Guergana" <Guergana.Sav...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: cTakes not parsing every text with SNOMED-CT
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:07:15 GMT
You’d probably need to define the lookup window to include the verb part-of-speech tags (they
all start with a v*). The default window lookup anchors around the n* phrases (noun phrases
which are sequences of part-of-speech tags). You have to modify the lookup setting.
Hope this helps.
--Guergana

Guergana Savova, PhD, FACMI
Associate Professor
PI Natural Language Processing Lab
Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
300 Longwood Avenue
Mailstop: BCH3092
Enders 144.1
Boston, MA 02115
Harvard Scholar: http://scholar.harvard.edu/guergana_k_savova/biocv

From: Bandeep Singh [mailto:bsingh@phemi.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 1:21 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: cTakes not parsing every text with SNOMED-CT

Hi,

I have been trying to parse a sample text using cTakes. However, cTakes does not annotate
few words with its UMLS/SNOEMED CT equivalent code.

Sample text: " The patient is suffering from extreme pain due to shark bite"

cTakes output:
[Inline image 1]

If we observer in the above example, word "suffering" is not annotated with SNOWMED-CT equivalent
code 706873003.

Can somebody explain why ? Is there any other customized SNOWMED/UMLS dictionary I can use
to annotate everything ?