ctakes-user mailing list archives

From buddha <buddha_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to use cTakes with SPARK
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:21:46 GMT
cTAKES is a Java project, so it should work “out of the box” with the Java Spark libraries.
 If you’re not used to using Spark + Java, then I would not recommend starting with cTAKES.
 I suggest you start by using cTAKES as a Maven dependency alongside the Spark Maven dependencies.

If you want to use pySpark, then you are in the business of using Java libs from Python, like
in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/476968/using-a-java-library-from-python <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/476968/using-a-java-library-from-python>
and there is nothing special about cTAKES.

cTAKES uses UIMA on the backend, and this can be extremely confusing to new users.  Maybe
you should isolate your problems

1. Use Spark + Java libs
2. Use Python + Java libs
3. Learn cTAKES on it’s own turf.  Namely, Java

Apache projects notoriously have dependency problems, and Spark is no exception.  HA!  “Exception”--
I’m funny.  Anyway, don’t expect the two to play together nicely at first.

~~~~~
May All Your Sequences Converge