ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Geise, Brandon D." <bdge...@geisinger.edu>
Subject Annotation Viewer
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:34:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

This question may better be suited for the UIMA group, but will give it a shot here first.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on a tool for easily viewing batches of document
annotations through a web interface.  We put together a very simplistic Python/Flask based
web app to review XMIs that are output to a SQL database from the pipeline and lets a user
highlight types of annotations by either select the entire annotation type (Disease Disorder
Mention, Sign Symptoms, etc.) or by selecting the individual annotation.  For our purposes
we also added the ability to drill down on each annotation and view the CUI(s) and Preferred
Term.  This allowed me to run some documents and then have another person easily view the
results without have to run the CVD on each individual item because most of the users aren't
technical.

But if something more robust currently exists and can be modified to add security mechanisms
that I could implement rather than continuing develop I would be interested to take a look
at it.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Brandon

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please
delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy
any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email.
Thank you.

Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected Health Information
and other confidential data contained in external e-mail messages. If email is encrypted,
the recipient will receive an e-mail instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger Health System
Secure E-mail Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.