ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Geise, Brandon D." <bdge...@geisinger.edu>
Subject RE: LVG Annotator
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 20:27:08 GMT
Hi Lewis,

Yes, I’m using trunk, although looks like I’m out of sync across all the ctakes modules.
 I’ve updated all of CTakes to whatever the latest in trunk is.  Ran the process again and
it works fine if I copy the lvg data folder to my CWD.  I’d agree that changing this would
be beneficial if we can.

Did you have something in mind?

Thanks,
Brandon

From: Lewis John Mcgibbney [mailto:lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 11:49 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: LVG Annotator

Hi Brandon,
Which version are you using? Trunk?
This issue presented a problem for me (and a number of others a while ago).
It was 'addressed' in CTAKES-385 [0]. The lingering issue here however (which needs to be
addressed) is that in trunk we now have instances of the following

+  public static AnalysisEngineDescription createAnnotatorDescription() throws ResourceInitializationException,
MalformedURLException {
+    InputStream lvgStream = LvgAnnotator.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties");
+    File lvgFile = new File("/tmp/lvg.properties");
+    try {
+      FileUtils.copyInputStreamToFile(lvgStream, lvgFile);
+    } catch (IOException e) {
+      throw new RuntimeException("Error copying temporary InpuStream org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties
to /tmp/lvg.properties.", e);
     }
As you can see, the lvg.properties should reside in the jar at path org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties,
this is then copied to /tmp (not ideal and not portable across OS).
If we can suggest and agree on what the slution should be then I am happy to provide another
patch for this.
Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-385

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 7:47 AM, <user-digest-help@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:user-digest-help@ctakes.apache.org>>