ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Jessica Glover <glover.jessic...@gmail.com>
Subject Achieving YTEX negation in CuisOnlyPlaintextUMLSProcessor
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:52:57 GMT
I have noticed that using the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor in
ctakes-ytex-uima results in improved negation detection over the one in
ctakes-clinical-pipeline on my test documents.

I would like to get the same improvement in CuisOnlyPlaintextUMLSProcessor.
I have tried replacing the DictionaryLookupAnnotator, which seemed to be
the determining factor in AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor, but when I run
it, I find no IdentifiedAnnotations. Does the YTEX
DictionaryLookupAnnotator depend on an analysis engine I've overlooked? Any
other suggestions?

Thank you,
Jessica G.